First Person Life

2006-01-05

Computers & Technology

I've been "into" computers for about 23 years -- ever since my parents got me a Commodore Vic 20 (C=20). Those who know me know that I'm a big fan of GNU and Open Source software, I run GNU-Linux using the GENTOO distribution. I even have written and released for public consumption and modification a project on SourceForge under the GPL.

However, I also realize that most haven't come from the inner sanctum of the computer realm and just want things to "work." I can respect that. But I can assure you you will be hearing more and more about FREE and OPEN SOURCE software as time goes on.

An EXCELLENT primer on the differences/similarities between "Free" and "Open Source" software is available at Confessing Evangelical.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home